My latest story from Evernight Publishing’s Romance On the Go line, A Chris-mas Miracle, is out now!
I’m a total sucker for holiday tales and Christmas stories in particular. The holidays can be a time of the year when people think most about their family and miss home. Drew is an American exchange student studying in Newcastle, Australia, thousands of miles away from his home. Chris is his co-worker, best friend and confidant. From experience, we all know being away from your family during this time of the year can be lonely. Even though Drew is far from home, Chris makes sure he’s not alone during this Christmas.
Today I thought I’d share a few things you might not know about Drew and Chris’ story:
- Newcastle, New South Wales is a real city. With beautiful surf beaches, it’s a college town but full of awesome people, tasty beer and busy nightlife.
- Drop In, the backpacker’s hostel is based on a real place. It was one of the first places I stayed at after a twenty-something hour plane ride and another two hour-long train trip north from Sydney.
- Drew’s little brother Petey is ten years old.
- Chris’ favorite book is Ernest Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea.
- Clubbies are Surf Lifesavers. Surf Lifesavers are voluntary lifeguards and it also is a competitive sport for many people.
Thanks for joining me today and to Literary Lagniappe for having me!
Exchange student Drew Clarke should be happy. With a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel all over Australia he shouldn’t have any worries. But when his straight roommate, who he has a crush on, kisses Drew then freaks…he’s left without his only friend.
Alone during the holidays and in a foreign country, Drew finds himself lonely. When he meets surfing lifeguard, Scott, he thinks he’s found a distraction in six feet of easy on the eyes male. But when Scott wants to keep Drew in the closet, Drew’s had enough. Will his sexy friend and co-worker Chris be able to pull off a miracle for Drew and make his holiday happy?
**Giveaway: One eBook copy of A Chris-mas Miracle from Evernight Publishing’s Romance on the Go line. Comment to enter. Contest ends 12/18 at 11:59PM EDT.
Nikka Michaels lives in the Pacific Northwest where she spends her time cooking up romantic tales to satisfy her craving for HEAs with heat. A voracious reader, novice knitter and music lover she’s been known to multitask without breaking a sweat. She loves to read and write M/M romance but believes everyone deserves a love story.
Social Media Links: