My latest novella, Her Perfect Lips, is out today and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
When I’m writing, I think about more things than I could ever possibly put into the story. Usually these are minor details, mostly deep character background information, the kind of stuff that helps me find my hero and heroine’s voices, but doesn’t necessarily have any place in the overall tale. Today I thought I’d share a few of these little tidbits with you, things about Ten and Stacy that didn’t make it into the final draft.
- Ten mentions that his mother is a poetry professor at Bennington College. His father – who is not mentioned at all in the story – is an auto mechanic.
- Stacy was sent to Catholic schools all her life and the reason she chose Loyola was because her parents only agreed to pay for her schooling if she attended a Jesuit university. Therefore, she picked the school in the craziest, most interesting city she could find.
- Ten has an older sister who is married with two children and teaches second grade at an elementary school in Bennington.
- Stacy is from Pittsburgh and is an only child.
- Tennyson was in the middle of a solo cross country road trip when he first stumbled upon New Orleans. After one night out in the French Quarter, he decided he liked it so much he wanted to stay. He’s lived there for the last seven years.
Thanks so much for joining me today!
Be sure to leave a comment to win ONE KISS, the first book in my Midnight Kiss series from Harper Impulse!
Contest ends December 7, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Her Perfect Lips by Lisa Fox
Book Two of the Midnight Kiss Series, set in the dynamic world of ONE KISS…
You have to take a risk to live an adventure.
Determined, capable, and primed to rock her first big marketing conference, Stacy Saunders is not about let to anything get in the way of her ambition. It’s been a long time since she’s been in New Orleans, but she has no use for beads or Bourbon Street. She built a strict itinerary for this trip – one that certainly didn’t include running into the gorgeous Tennyson Landry again.
A chance reunion between the former lovers brings old feelings to the surface and the possibility of rekindling old flames. Their second time around could be the best time of all – if they can bridge the gap even wider than the thousand miles between them…
Harper Impulse: http://www.harperimpulseromance.com/books/her-perfect-lips
Amazon UK: http://goo.gl/qw69Ma